Team leader, organizational development consultant.
Antea Group (then called Oranjewoud Consultants).
Agency of Environment and Forestry, Ministry of Environment, Albania
2005 – 2009
Embassy of the Kingdom of The Netherlands, Tirana (Ministry of Foreign Affairs, The Netherlands)
Overall objective of the project
- To make a significant improvement in the competence and effectiveness of the Albanian Agency of Environment & Forestry, so that it can achieve the following:
- Make a significant contribution to the National Environmental Monitoring System, through effective sampling and analysis.
- Provide a reliable analytical service to the National Environmental Inspectorate, using methods, which will stand up in a court of law.
- Provide technical support to the Ministry of Environment through effective implementation of research and technical projects.
- Develop a quality system for the laboratory of the Agency
- Training of inspectors and laboratory staff
- Guidance through the ISO-certification/ accreditation process
Capacity building / institutional strengthening
- Analysis of the environmental sector in Albania (institutions, roles and positions)
- Develop a mission, vision and 5 year strategy for Agency
- Develop a new organizational structure of the Agency
- Develop an HR manual, including job descriptions and competencies for all staff/positions
- Coaching of management team of the Agency
Marketing / business development
- Developing a network with donors of environmental projects
- Marketing training of Agency staff